Updated August 12, 2017 at 3:23 PM

New Teacup Chis

Hollywood Chis

Teacup Chihuahuas

Show quality prospects or just quality Companion.


Treatment: Do not induce vomiting. 

Administer an ounce or two of mineral oil, olive oil or vegetable oil by mouth; then follow it in thirty minutes with Glauber's salt. Be prepared to administer artificial respiration.Garbage Poisoning (Food Poisoning)Food poisoning is common, as dogs are notorious scavengers and come into contact with carrion, decomposing foods, animal manure and other noxious substances (some of which are listed in DIGESTIVE SYSTEM: Common Causes of Diarrhea). Signs of poisoning begin with vomiting and pain in the abdomen; they are followed in severe cases by diarrhea (often bloody) in two to six hours. If the problem is complicated by bacterial infection, shock may develop.
​Mild cases recover in a day or two.Treatment: Induce vomiting. Afterward, coat the intestines to delay or prevent absorption. The condition may require antibiotics. (See also NERVOUS SYSTEM: Botulism.)Chocolate PoisoningAll dogs like chocolate, but chocolate can be dangerous. Chocolate contains a caffeine like alkaloid called theobromine. While not toxic to people in the amounts present in commercial foods, theobromine in these amounts can be quite harmful to the dog.Signs of chocolate toxicity occur within hours after the dog ingests the chocolate. They include vomiting, diarrhea, increased heart rate, rapid breathing, muscle tremors, seizures and coma.A small dog weighing five to ten pounds can die after eating four to sixteen ounces of milk chocolate; a medium-sized dog weighing twenty to forty pounds can die after eating sixteen to thirty-two ounces; a larger dog after eating about two pounds. Individual variations do occur. Unsweetened chocolate (used for baking) contains higher concentrations of theobromine and is therefore more toxic.

A large dog can die after eating just four ounces.Treatment: If you know your dog has eaten chocolate, induce vomiting (see Vomiting, How to Induce). If two or more hours have passed, administer activated charcoal to prevent the toxin from becoming absorbed.Don't feed your dog chocolates.

​To prevent accidental ingestion, keep chocolate candy in the refrigerator.Toad Poisoning - Since all toads have a bad taste, dogs who mouth them slobber, spit and drool. In southern states a tropical toad (Bujo marinus) secretes a potent toxin that appears to affect the heart and circulation of dogs, bringing on death in as short a time as fifteen minutes.

​There are twelve species of Rufo toads worldwide.Symptoms in dogs depend upon the toxicity of the toad and the amount of poison absorbed. Signs vary from merely slobbering to convulsions and death.Treatment: Flush your dog's mouth out with a garden hose and attempt to induce vomiting. Be prepared to administer artificial respiration.People MedicinesVeterinarians frequently are called because a dog has swallowed pills intended for the owner, or has eaten too many dog pills. (Some dog pills are flavored to encourage dogs to eat them.) Drugs most often involved are antihistamines, sleeping pills, diet pills, heart preparations and vitamins.Treatment: Induce vomiting